For your convenience, a printable .docx file containing the following questions is available here.
- How important is setting in this novel. Would it work as well set in Dallas?
- Why and how has Wheeler changed in thee fourteen years Kate has been away—or has Kate’s perception of Wheeler changed?
- What are Kate’s strengths? Weaknesses? Does she change during the course of events?
- How would the book differ if Gram was telling the story from on high?
- Did you feel the presence of Gram as a force in the novel?
- Is Donna a three-dimensional, believable character or is she an exaggerated stereotype?
- Who would you pick for Kate? Rick, the police chief? Dave, the nursery owner? How did your perception of these characters change by the end of the book?
- Is there a theme or moral to the story?
- Did you enjoy the book? Why? Why not?